AMAQ Professor Tess Cramond Memorial Bursary
About This Bursary
Australian Medical Association of Queensland (AMAQ) Professor Tess Cramond Memorial Bursary on behalf of the Queensland Medical Women’s Society (QMWS).
Professor Tess Cramond AO OBE, (1926-2015), former President of the AMAQ, and lifelong member of the QMWS, is credited with saving thousands of lives. A trail blazer for women in anaesthetics and medical politics, as medical adviser to Surf Life Saving, she introduced and promoted Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training across that organisation.
Professor Cramond established and headed the Royal Brisbane Hospital’s Multidisciplinary Pain Clinic and became Dean of the Faculty of Anaesthetists of the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons. Professor Cramond established the Multidisciplinary Pain Clinic based on a model she had seen in the United States, and continued as Unit Director for 42 years.
The purpose of this bursary is to assist the recipient to attend a Medical Women’s event or AMA Conference that will foster commitment, involvement and leadership in issues relevant to medical women. Possible examples, though not exclusive, include attendance and preferably presentation at a national or international Medical Women’s or AMA conference on a topic relevant to medical women, women’s health issues, social issues relevant to women’s health or leadership by women.
The value of the bursary is $1,000.
Examples of conferences and meetings that may be relevant (but not exclusive to) include:
- Australian Indigenous Doctors’ Association (AIDA) Conference, annually
- Leaders in Indigenous Medical Education (LIME) Biannual Connection meetings (next 2021)
- Australian Federation of Medical Women Face to Face meeting, annually, November
- Commission on the Status of Women, New York as AFMW Delegate, annually in February
- MWIA Triennial Conference, next 2022
- MWIA Regional Conference e.g. Western Pacific
- WHO World Health Assembly, Geneva, annually in May
- Australian Medical Students Association (AMSA) National Convention, annually
- Professional development workshops, for example, for Leadership in the Medical Workforce
- Monday 12 April 2021 – Applications open.
- Wednesday 2 June 2021 – Applications close. Applications submitted or post-marked after that date will not be considered.
- Monday 12 July 2021 – All applicants will be advised of the selection panel’s decision after 12 July 2021. Please note that no correspondence will be entered into for feedback to unsuccessful applicants.
- Tuesday 3 August 2021 (proposed) – The Presentation of the bursaries in Brisbane – see here for updates.
- There are two key steps to apply for this bursary: Step 1 – Check Eligibility and Step 2 – Submit An Application.
- To be eligible to apply for this bursary, you must meet each of the specified Eligibility Criteria and be able to address the Selection criteria (as listed in Step 1 below).
- The Selection Criteria is used to assess your application.
- In Step 2 of the process, you will be provided with helpful hints to complete your application. Preparation is key.
- You are invited to Start Step 1 – Check Eligibility
- Please note: We understand that it may not be possible to submit your application using our online Bursary Application process. In special circumstances, we do offer a hard copy / printed version of the application for you to submit. Please contact our Bursaries Program Manager, Kathy Cavanagh Ph: 0407 117 378 or Email: email@example.com to discuss your options.
- The details which you provide in the application are held in strict confidence and are accessed only by the Bursary Selection Panel members of the National Council of Women of Queensland Inc (“NCWQ”) Bursary Program. Information contained in the application is to only be used for the purpose of administration of the NCWQ Bursary Program. The information will not be disclosed to any third party without prior written permission from the Applicant.
STEP 1 - Check Your Eligibility
To proceed to the Application Form for this bursary, you must meet each of the following Eligibility and Selection Criteria. Please confirm the following:
Have questions about the 2021 Bursary Program?
We welcome enquiries from potential bursary partners and bursary applicants. Please contact the NCWQ Bursary Program Manager, Kathy Cavanagh.