By Dr Donnell Davis, NCWQ Habitat Adviser
NCWQ Urban Design UN-Habitat
In this report, I wish to share gems from local experience, federal budget & disability standards for housing, resident climate action and findings from the following:
- UN Secretary General speech on cities for positive transformation https://news.un.org/en/story/2021/04/1089942
- CSW65 outcomes: see the pdf report below
- Women’s roles in climate responsive cities (Action Aid). https://actionaid.org.au/
- Using lessons from Covid Cities for accelerating action for climate-sensitive-cities®
- ICLEI: net zero cities https://urban-leds.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/resources/guidance_and_tools/GCC_Handbook.pdf
- AHURI update – Australian cities research https://www.ahuri.edu.au/cities/research-themes/housing-and-urban-policy
- Privatising Cities (social housing, waterfronts, public spaces to private havens)
- Civic cities in Nomadic world https://www.nai010.com/en/publicaties/the-civic-city-in-a-nomadic-world-paperback/139143/
The National Council of Women of Queensland Inc (NCWQ) is a non-party-political, non-sectarian, not-for-profit, umbrella organisation with broadly humanitarian and educational objectives. It seeks to raise the awareness of members as to their rights and responsibilities as citizens and encourages their participation in all aspects of community life.
The NCWQ website content manager (webmaster) posts content on behalf of the NCWQ Management Committee and its members. If you have important communications, an event of matters of interest you would like to share with NCWQ, its members, network and supporters, please contact us with details. Thank you.